Azelaic acid -20% cream
How does it work?
First, Azelaic Acid penetrates the skin and inhibits the growth of bacteria directly responsible for documented skin inflammation and irritation. Second, this lotion is also a great help in preventing the bacteria-induced production of acne-promoting fatty acids. These two facts alone make this product the ultimate blackhead- and pimple-destroyer. Azelaic Acid also hinders the formation of new skin cells in the so-called comedones, thus preventing the further spread of acne. .
How to use:
- Apply the lotion twice a day, in the morning, and in the evening.
- Wash the skin with a mild soap or soap-free cleanser, rinse the surface with water, then apply a small amount to the tip of your clean fingers, and gently rub it into the skin.
- Wash your hands after each use, and avoid contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not cover the treated skin.
- Under no circumstance should you use more of the lotion than recommended, for you would do more harm than good. You may even run the risk of the appearance of more severe side effects.
Side Effects:The most common side effects are: Burning, stinging, or a tingling sensation of the skin, Dryness, Itching, Peeling, Redness
When should Azelaic Acid not be used?
You should not use Azelaic Acid if you: are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding, allergic to Azelaic acid or any of its components
How long should you use Azelaic Acid?
The use of Azelaic Acid should be continued as per your your doctor's recommendation. Gradual improvement can be seen after a course of four weeks, but in case of acne, it may take an additional few weeks to see the positive results. Azelaic Acid can be used as a source of treatment for several months with additional follow-up treatments if and when required.